Elektronic Information Resources (EIR) of the project SLARA
Within the SLARA project following EIZ resources are available ( http://infozdroje.cz/) from PCs in the library, reading room at the RIBM in Brno:
- CAB Abstracts 1973+
Leading international agricultural and forestry database. It follows more than 9 000 professional journals, books, conferences, reports and other literature published in 75 languages in 116 countries. It covers areas such as livestock and crop production, breeding and cultivation, plant protection, genetics, forestry engineering, economics, veterinary medicine, human nutrition, rural development, tourism etc. The complete CAB ABSTRACTS database contains over 7 million records since 1973, each year more than 300 000 new documents are added.
- CAB Abstracts Archive (1910-1972)
The archive allows the visitors to search for records from areas such as agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, nutrition, natural resources etc. from 1910 to 1972.
- CAB Abstracts Plus Collection
Databáze CAB Abstract Plus zpřístupňuje plnotextový obsah několika databází:
- CAB Reviews Archive (review articles published in CABI from 1973 to 2003)
- CAB Reviews: Perspectives in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Nutrition and Natural Resources (over 3 000 summary studies on the latest development)
- Distribution Maps of Plant Diseases (each year 36 new maps + digital archive of 1 000 maps since 1942)
- Distribution Maps of Plant Pests (each year 18 new maps + digital archive with more than 700 maps since 1951)
- Descriptions of Fungi and Bacteria (each year approx. 40 charakteristics of new organisms + digital archive of 1 700 charakteristics of fungi and bacteria from 1964)
- CAB eBooks (2005-2017)
Collection of electronic books covering agriculture, food industry, nutrition, veterinary medicine, medicine, botany, leisure time, entertainment, environment and its protection etc. Each book is available in full and in a readily usable format.
- CABI Compendia (2013-2017)
The compendia bring information from several databases, e.g.:
- Animal Health and Production Compendium brings valuable information from all five continents in the area of veterinary medicine and livestock production.
- Aquaculture Compendium představuje cenný informační zdroj, který shrnuje poznatky týkající se rybářství a příbuzných oborů. K dispozici jsou informace o jednotlivých druzích vodních živočichů, nemocích a způsobech jejich léčby, nutriční požadavky pro výživu různých sladkovodních i mořských živočichů, atd.
- Crop Protection Compendium is a valuable information resource summarizing knowledge on fishery and related fields. It includes information on various types of aquatic animals, diseases and how to cure them, the nutritional requirements of various freshwater and sea animals etc..
- Forestry Compendium – multimedia encyclopaedia, which is the reference information resource focused on forestry.
- Invasive Species Compendium
- Cambridge Journals Online - STM collection
Prestigious specialized STM collection of electronic journals published by Cambridge University Press. Enhanced functions and tools such as alerts, RSS feeds, access to abstracts of not prescribed journals, the option to save a search strategy, user statistics (COUNTER, SUSHI) CJO Mobile (mobile version), search widget, MARC records are included as standard.
- FSTA (FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY ABSTRACTS)
The FSTA database of the International Food Information Service (IFIS) covers food sciences and technology since 1969. It includes the areas such as microbiology, toxicology and hygiene, economics and statistics, engineering, packaging, dietary foodstuffs, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, fruit, vegetables, dairy products, meat, fish etc..
- OECD Agriculture Statistics
Collection of databases includes:
- OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook – OECD iLibrary brings detailed information on production, consumption and others not only from the member countries.
- Producer and Consumer Support Estimates – OECD iLibrary provides current data on support to agricultural production, its changes, resources, methods for its determination, criteria of agricultural policy.
- Environmental Performance of Agriculture – OECD iLibrary deals with changes in agriculture in terms of the environment protection.
- Agricultural market access database (AMAD) – OECD Agriculture Statistics - OECD iLibrary contains information on customs tariffs, tariff changes, custom protection of the WTO member countries.
- ProQuest Agricultural Science Collection
Bibliographically processed documents in the AGRICOLA database are extended by "in depth" processed indexing of images, graphs and tables supplemented by access to full texts. This includes ca 4.8 mil. of records with abstracts, over 3.4 mil. of indexed views, and full texts from 550 journals (ProQuest Agriculture Journals). The resource includes following areas: biotechnology, botany, chemistry, economics, agriculture, education, agricultural engineering, information system for agriculture, entomology, fertilizers, diet and nutrition, public health, forestry, horticulture, hydrology, pesticides, microbiology, soils, pollution, sociology, water quality, weather and climate.